Permaculture Design Course (72h)
Regenerative Urban Lifestyle
Join a 72+ Hours Certified Permaculture Design Course
Hosted by Sarah Wu, Eduardo Terzidis and Patrick Vernuccio
What does it take to transform our urban spaces into places where we can thrive together in community with nature? How can we elevate urban lifestyles with conscious and regenerative practices that will increase our living quality while also taking care of the life around us?
This certified and unique Permaculture Design Course will help you to build a strong foundation with deep knowledge, philosophy and hands-on practice to help navigate towards a more balanced, conscious life in the city.
For the first time Sarah Wu (Costa Rica), Eduardo Terzidis (Portugal) and Patrick Vernuccio/The Frenchie Gardener (Berlin) will join in collaboration as teachers to offer this urban-focussed Permaculture training and guide you through a unique experience that will have an everlasting impact on how you look at life.
By 2050, 68% of the world’s population will live in cities. It becomes more crucial than ever to welcome back nature into these highly populated places, reconnecting back with seasons and cycles, strengthening our ability to work with the land and nature, to grow our own food, to understand the ecosystem around us while creating balance within ourselves and nature.
It starts with yourself, regenerating from the inside out, understanding interconnectedness, the social and value systems we grew up in, cycles and patterns in nature and the need for looking at yourself and everything around you holistically.
This course is made for urban citizens from around the world that are seeking answers on questions like:
How can we create a regenerative lifestyle in our urban spaces?
How can I better read and understand the ecosystems around me?
How can I handle my and the planet’s resources more consciously?
How can plants, mushrooms and animals help us in this mission?
How can I start growing my own food (even with little space)?
How can I better understand the value systems around me? And what could be alternatives?
How can I build and live a life in community with others?
With 5 hours online and 10 days onsite in Berlin in three different inspiring urban places, you will learn and experience in this inclusive PDC, how the philosophy of permaculture can deliver answers to the questions asked above and truly reshape the way we perceive life and solutions for some of our biggest personal and environmental challenges nowadays.
We are extremely happy, blessed & proud to give you the final information on “Regenerative Urban Lifestyle”, a unique Permaculture Design Course happening in Berlin from June 1-11 2022.
We invested a lot of time & efforts to give birth to this unique certified Permaculture Design Course, which may change your life through visiting inspiring multi-locations, involving 3 different international teachers and highly linked to our vital urban areas.
What will be the daily program during these 11 days?
● 8:30 – 9:30am : Daily Yoga or Meditation practice or Sharing circles
● 9:30 – 12:00am : Morning Class
● 12:00 – 2pm : Healthy & Local Farm to table Lunch (included in the tuition)
● 2:00 – 6:00pm : Afternoon Class (including hands-on activities)
● 6:30pm : End of the day
● 2 Night activities with Dinner included (included in the tuition)
Where will you learn from during this PDC?
Unlike other PDCs that stay in one location and in the classroom for two weeks, we are designing this course as an opportunity to discover regenerative gems of Berlin, seeing permaculture in action in a dynamic city! We are happy to announce our collaboration with:
– Wilmars Gaerten during 7 days – Instagram & Google Maps : Wilmars Gärten is a land of 350 hectares in the South of Berlin that is dedicated to Agroforestry and the regenerative restoration of the land. The project is led by the artist Maria Gimenez who has a beautiful vision at the intersection of art, nature and education. This land is a hidden gem with a wonderful food forest but also a Market Garden providing vegetables, fruits & herbs to many restaurant cuisines in Berlin. The Market Garden follows the method of Jean-Martin Fortier, who is a farmer, author, educator and advocate for ecological, human-scale and economically-viable sustainable agriculture that focuses on low-tech, high-yield methods of production employed on micro-farms.
– Peace of Land during 2 days – Instagram & Google Maps : Peace of Land is a unique urban community space gathering fruits trees, beehives, mushroom, orchard, greenhouse, veggie garden located in the heart of Berlin in Prenzlauer Berg. Peace of Land is a place of learning and practice where permaculture design can be learned, practiced and taught at a high level.
– Floating Uni during 2 days – Instagram & Google Maps : On the site of the Floating University, a diverse range of animals, plants and algae have taken root and given birth to a unique landscape: a man-made environment reclaimed by nature. The site was designed in the early 1930s as a rainwater retention basin to serve the Tempelhof airfield and adjacent avenues, and it was encased in concrete after the second World War by the U.S Army. Today, it remains as a fully functioning public infrastructure: it holds and diverts rainwater into the city’s canalisation system.
– Cafe Botanico during 1 night – Instagram & Google Maps. This place is a hidden gem located at the heart of Berlin in Neukölln. It is a farm to table restaurant with its own permaculture backyard gathering many herb species. We will pick our own herbs which will be then used for our dinner.
All these locations are fully accessible via public transportation, we can be available to pick you up by car from the train station near Wilmars. If you need support or info to book accommodations around, just ask us, we are happy to send you recommendations, Berlin is full of affordable options for housing, from funky hostels to posh hotels and AirBnb.
What is the tuition fee to attend this inclusive & course?
To register for this PDC, we are offering a discounted Early Bird tuition of 1,099€ tax included, to book your spot we are asking for a deposit of 20%.
● This includes 5 hours of online & recorded introduction to Permaculture which you will receive right after your subscription, to ignite your brains & souls to the wonderful philosophy of Permaculture. We will also plan on May 22th an online meet-up session with all the students & teachers.
● +72 hours of certified Permaculture Design Course with class on : Learning about the Permaculture Ethics, Principles and Concepts / Design Process and Methods / Understanding Climates and Landscapes / Herbalism / Getting familiar with Patterns in Nature / Training to observe Ecosystems and Landscapes / Site Analysis and Asset Mapping / Learning about Soil Science / Compost Making & Bio Fertilizer / Understanding Waste Systems / Water Systems / Urban Permaculture / Social Permaculture / Growing Food in urban areas
● Learning in 3 different locations : Wilmars Gärten, Floating Uni & Peace of Land.
● Daily Yoga, Meditation or sharing circle morning sessions.
● Daily healthy & Local Farm to Table Lunches + afternoon snacks during 11 days
● 2 Night activities including dinners with bonfire at Peace of Land and dinner at Cafe Botanico Berlin.
● Please note the breakfast is not included, nor all the dinners
Basically, this represents an investment of 99€ a day on yourself for a unique & inclusive experience which may change your life!
Where is my tuition fee going?
Permaculture principles are about transparency, fair share and that’s why we want to give you
an overview of the tuition fee spendings :
● Locations & Food : 550€
● Class from 3 teachers Sarah, Eduardo & Patrick + Daily Yoga & Meditation : 452€
● General management, scouting & facilitation : 63€
● Classroom materials such as your Permaculture book, white boards, etc : 19€
● Promotion : 15€
When do I need to book?
You can join our Regenerative Urban Lifestyle PDC as an early bird at a reduced price of 1.099€ during one week, until April 19th included. To save your spot, we are asking for a deposit of 20% which means only 220€, to lock in the special tuition and hold your space.
This PDC is limited to 30 students only, so book your spot now!
We truly hope you enjoyed these new updates, transparency & priority access! Truly looking forward to meeting you in person soon!
Your Regenerative Urban Lifestyle PDC team,
Sarah, Junis, Eduardo & Patrick
Sarah Wu is a clinical herbalist of 21 years and a practicing permaculturist for over a decade. She facilitates learning with a planetary perspective on natural medicine, integrating large scale systems such as Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as diverse folk traditions and ethnobotany, with a foundation in Deep Ecology, Western Wise Woman traditions and modern Witchcraft. Sarah has participated in and taught 27+ Permaculture Design Courses, co-founded and annually curates six simultaneous stages of educational and spiritual content for Envision Festival and the Village Witches experience, and has developed a 200- hour unique curriculum: Permaculture for the Herbalist’s Path. She is the founder of the Herbal Clinic First Aid training program and has organized and worked disaster relief. Sarah is a passionate biophiliac, educator and mentor.
Eduardo Terzidis is a permaculture teacher and consultant, a yoga teacher, a writer and a facilitator for healing and regenerative spaces. As an engineer, he wanted to help the world, yet he felt the need to “be out there”, learning and sharing with the very people who seek the same change he envisioned. Today he helps people to design and implement regenerative solutions. His work ranges from holistic design services for both rural and urban projects (which include food production, resource management, animals as well as work on groups and visions), teaching courses, using permaculture as a tool to help individuals find their life mission and offering retreats where he weave principles of yoga, permaculture and deep ecology. At the core of his work is the understanding that global change needs to be carried from the inside out, recognising the intricate web of which we are part and being able to play our role in support of all life.
Patrick Vernuccio, known as “The Frenchie Gardener” on Instagram, is an Urban Gardener based in Berlin. He transformed his 18 sqm balcony into a green jungle in which he is growing organic seasonal vegetables & fruits. He waited 36 years to plant his first seed and is now advocating to welcome back Nature into our cities and our lives, to recreate this essential connection with food, seasons & ecosystems. Patrick is spreading Green Love through his successful instagram channel, writing for gardening magazines, teaching online gardening class and is certified of Permaculture Design Course. His first book has been released and a second is on the way.